Logo SR Alpha 2017

Reflection glosiness under reflection

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #3550 by L30n
Hello - I dont know if this is what im searching for but i dont want to start a new topic and this may fit with my problem.

I try to render a scene and everytime i hit render - Max crashs at that point when vray starts to calculate the light.

so someone tells me it may have somthing to do with the vray scene materials so i converted the whole scene withe Vray scene converter.
File Attachment:

is it alright to check the box ?

Sometimes it seems to be working quiet well but it doesnt ;)
so i change the dynamic Ram limit to 12gb ram (my system works with 16) so this not problem even this seems to be working but sometimes it crashes also .... so any idea? as i wrote in an other topic i could not reset vray by using solidrocks.

File Attachment:

I think its a problem of the vray settings but how to reset them to default?

edit:
ok i dont know why but for now it works but this could not the solution to convert the scene and reset vray by setting scanline as default and switching back and increasing ram limit -

please help :)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by L30n.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3552 by subburb
Hi, yes the bug of reset vray is known, will be solved in next build.

In waiting, to reset vrayn you can simply change the production renderer, for example to scanline or mental, then switch back to vray.
This will reset V ray.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3555 by L30n
Yes as you told me before but thos wont fix crashing my max ^^

so what i was asking for -

could it be the the solid rocks settings that i use causes a crash because of the materials that i use?

maybe because of the the fact that i am using multi/sub materials? as someone wrote before?

sorry for bothering you

More
12 years 3 months ago #3558 by subburb
no, you're not bothering.

Is max crashing when SR is in use, (in render via the SR render button) ?

It's safer to switch render engines with SolidRocks off.

it can comes from a material (with raytrace somewhere in reflection slot for example).
But it can comes also from a corrupted object.

Is your scene rendering fine withour solidrocks ?

Multi are managed by SR.

But i've rewrote completely the material parser of solidrocks. It will be included into next build.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3559 by L30n
I suggest that max crashs when i hit F9 instead of your renderbutton ;)

ok so as you said that may the refraction reflection materials could cause this crash but how i could figure it out which one is it?

it seems to be that it doesnt help to convert the whole scene with vray scene converter
thats why im posting the image back in post #3550 cause i want to know if i have to check the box on or off ^^ :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #3593 by subburb
ok thanks for these infos.
I've worked hard last days to check if the user hit the F9 button insted of render button into SR.

Works better now, and also works with clay mode.
btw, save/parse and material restoration before, while and after rendering have been totally rewrite with recursive algorhitms. it's rock solid now and can parse any material, even if located into another.. for example, now SR will correctly affect refl subdivs of a vray material wich is into a blend material wich is into a multi....

i can't publish update right now cause the in progress of anim wizard + need new activation protection against hackers.

I'm doing my best for the V1.0 release.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32