Logo SR Alpha 2017

Animation step 3 - Render Anim still appears to calculate the prepass

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #5146 by blinkimage
Just done step 1+2 and then moved onto step 3. Looking at the VFB, it still seems to be calculating the prepass before it starts rendering.

Why is this?

(it pre-filters the lightcache and then runs 'prepass 1 of 1' before rendering the beauty pass. What is this 'prepass 1 of 1' step for as the imap has already been calculated and saved)
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by blinkimage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #5157 by subburb
if you see some kind of black irradiance map pass, then you have probably a materials with glossies interpolation in it.

More
10 years 10 months ago #5159 by blinkimage
It isn't black - it looks like a normal kind of irmap to me, but it does calculate very quickly.

More
10 years 10 months ago #5172 by kewlmack
Hi,

I have the same problem too.I have done the (1+2+3 in one go!) and completed the whole rendering process.

However,now i'd like to re-render JUST Step 3(Final frames) without having to re-render Light Cache and Irradiance Map again.How do i utilise the pre-calculated LC and IR maps?Theres no 'browse' options for me to select those LC and IR maps.

More
10 years 10 months ago #5173 by blinkimage
Hi
I believe in my case the prepass was because of a forest-pro grass object that had some Fast SSS material applied. Even with a material overide on the scene, it still calculates this prepass.

More
10 years 10 months ago #5174 by Crayox
I too have this, and I ran a script turning all interpolations off. But I don't think it's that because like blinkimage said it't not that black inter pass. I don't use any plugins in that set. Any ideas??

Time to create page: 0.734 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32