Logo SR Alpha 2017

Possible major issue with SR and flywiz

More
10 years 10 months ago #5162 by blinkimage
We are rendering a flythrough animation of a development. We have used SR flywiz for this saving out the LC and Imap solutions. Once this was done the rendering job was sent to render farm for rendering the frames.

After this job was submitted, development work continued on the project, switching back to the various SR methods and quality settings depending upon what we were testing and working on.

It seems that in doing this, the lightcache and irmaps we had saved out for the animation have been overwritten!!! Our animation job (both prepass and frame rendering) therefore needs to start again!

It seems that jumping back into the main SR settings pages doesn't clear the check mark on saving the LC and Irmap.

Can you confirm please. This is a major headache!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #5163 by subburb
Hello, many thanks for feedback.
I've added your request on top of bugtracker list.
I tell you informed next week.

Thanks again for info.

More
10 years 9 months ago #5230 by subburb
ok i've checked, and i can't reproduce the issue. Regular renderings using SR don't override the files.
note : In Flythrough, you CAN't use network rendering for IM prepass (i.e backburner). In this case, each new frame will destroy the irrmap file instead of adding infos in it.
Perhaps it can explain.

For the IM pass, you can use Vray DR, in this case, Vray can add infos into the irrmap file corrctly. But backburner job will overwrite the IM file, leading in uncorrect results.

Can you confirm ?

More
10 years 8 months ago #5325 by subburb
ok i think i've found the problem :
If the autosave of the IM/LC is checked BEFORE you launch SR, the problem will happen.
Would you please check to be sure ?

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32