Logo SR Alpha 2017

Glossy materials look very grainy. Ref subdivisions changed to 7. What do I do?

More
10 years 8 months ago #5298 by blinkimage
We are working on a number of interior images with glossy materials. At the moment, I am having an issue with a procedural wood material that I have created using BerconWood. Regardless of the SR settings I use (up as far as Very Good - not tried Production yet), the glossy values for the reflection always change to 7. As far as I can tell, this is far too low for my dark timber materials.

How do I increase this to, say 30, for testing purposes? When I click on 'Edit' for the preset, I see that the Auto Materials glossy subdivs value is 7. If I change this to, for example, 20 and save as a new Preset, Max crashes every time. Is this the only way to do this? I am on Max 2013 x64 with latest SPs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #5301 by subburb
Hello,
Materials subdivs are forced to 7 by SR. BUT Srt also raises the global multiplier when you raise quality.

The best way to know the "real" reflection subdivs values is to open the "infos" panel of SolidRocks. It shows the real subdivs values.

Anyway, if you are in trouble, you can ask SR to NOT manage subdivs, and manage them by yourself.
To so this, just go into SR options, then check OFF the "auto glossy subdivs" button.
Hope it helps !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32