Logo SR Alpha 2017

image size changes when I raise Quality to Ultra

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #5884 by emartin8907
Sorry if this is not the right area to report bugs feel free to move it.

The Image size changes on its own when I change the Quality to Ultra.
I have an image at 1280 x 720. I am rendering it at 2k for previews and 8k for final. I like changing quality to something lower for preview, and for finals when I go to Ultra and hit Render the size is different. I have to cancel the render and type in 8000 on the long side and it snaps back to the correct resolution.
Not that big a deal, but it's annoying! every single time I have to cancel the render and re size it. This seems to be a consistant bug that I have encountered on all scenes I've used solidrocks on, and was present with vray 2.4 as well with 3.0 now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #5888 by subburb
Hello, and many thanks for this detailed post.
I never could reproduce this error.
Now i have a process to follow.
I add it to bugtracker for V1.6 !

More
4 years 11 months ago #5984 by shekhu27
Hi, I have noticed the same on files with solidrock. Apart from that, I would like to ask a quick question.

I render the final images at 8k like you, but not able to find a good balance between render quality and time. My 8K renders goes above 20hrs when selected ultra on a i7 4930k with 64gb ram.

If you can help me with this, I would be highly greatful. I have upgraded to vray 3 with SR 1.5 on max 2014 with latest service pack and subscription.

Would you be kind enough to show your 8K render quality and the time it took to render.

greetings

More
4 years 9 months ago #6470 by subburb
Hello !
i just published a fresh build 1.6.5
the resolution problem in ultra is now solved...
And many more !

More
4 years 9 months ago #6476 by shekhu_27
Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the update. I wanted to ask you a question which I asked earlier on this forum, but no one responded. I am working on projects where I need to make Renders at 6000pxl for print quality. They are printed for catalog purposes.

The scenes are mostly Interior with Modern Kitchen - Living - Bedroom Scenarios. Lighting is basic with HDRI dome setup plus some light portals. Can you please recommend some tricks to achieve noise free results using Solidrocks for that rez.

Currently, I am unable to use solidrocks at all, since the Render time shoots beyound 20 - 35hrs when selected ULTRA or PRODUCTION. Without solidrocks, I am able to get the same for under 15hrs approx.

Wondering with some specific tweaks inside solidrocks, if an 8hr render achivable?

System config is on the above post.

thanks a ton for an quick response in advance.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32