Logo SR Alpha 2017

3ds Max Solid Rocks + Vray 3.3 update

More
8 years 3 months ago #7837 by rliddil@gmail.com
Hello, we just updated Vray to Vray 3.30 and was wondering if there is an update for Solid Rocks to work with the new Vray. Right now there is an error message that comes up when I try to render out my animation. Please help as I have an animation due to client soon! Thanks you so much!

Randy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #7844 by subburb
Hello !
It's on the way, but need some work as Vray 3.3 is quite different that any other ! ;)

More
8 years 3 months ago #7854 by Norm Li
Hey,

Any news on when this might be available? We have updated our entire office (30+ machines) to Vray 3.3 and we really need a working version to continue rendering.

I understand you're probably testing everything to make sure it all works, but even just a basic working version would help solve this big problem that we've run into this morning...

Thanks

More
8 years 3 months ago #7860 by subburb
Hello !
Well that's not simple to manage this new 3.3, as it's quite different, presets needs to be completely reworked...
i'm trying to find a way to integrate as simple as possible... but it'll same some time !

More
8 years 3 months ago #7872 by Redsteel
Hello, any news on this? so far I can't use SR with V-ray 3.3, it's locked at a resolution of 16x16

More
8 years 3 months ago #7873 by dbowker3d@gmail.com
:(
I have to say, this is pretty disappointing. This deserves a better answer than it's being given. Be honest if it's not going to be updated for another month (or more). right now your tone is like "Hahah, boy this is complicated! Wow! OK, well we'll work something out some time, not sure when! See ya! :) "

For me I bought a copy of Solid Rocks, I won't say mistakenly but I guess prematurely, a month ago just a day or so ahead of the VRAY 3.3 release! I figured it'd be good to have some extra help with optimizations etc. So far that money hasn't exactly paid off for me, and though I know this isn't a big company here, neither am I.

I mean, was VRAY 3.3 not in beta testing release for a while for developers like yourself before hand? Surely you had to of had a pretty good idea that SR as it stood wouldn't work with VRAY 3.3, and the more honest thing to do in that case is make this abundantly clear to anyone looking to make a new purchase. I'd still come back to buy a seat, but I would have waited until you had a compatible release. I can't be the only one in this position either, no to mention all the existing customers now faced with not upgrading just to have everything work right in their pipeline.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32