Logo SR Alpha 2017

IM/LC - Prepass - Render suddenly slow

More
8 years 1 week ago #7991 by Andrew99
I have a animation of 450 frames that i need to re-render 9 frames because one of the renderslaves had problem finding some textures. Not a problem i thought, as i already had made the Prepasses!
BUT ... Just putting in the 9 frames in Range and pushed "2- Render anim", got a rendertime of 22 hours of a frame that should take around 20 minutes.
I also copied the MAX-file from the Backburner Manager and used that max-file, same problem.

Have for the last three weeks used prepass and render, no problem. And as this is the last weekend before delivery on monday and don't get it.
Have now rendered the frames without prepass, but i don't get what is causing this.

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #7992 by subburb
Dear Andrew, some users reported some strange animated keys on some lights subidvs when doing or re-doing animation using anim:full wizard.
I'm digging on my side, but would you please check if the subdivs of your lights have not received animation keys ?
Hope it helps,

More
8 years 1 week ago #7993 by Andrew99
I had a look in the file that was submitted to Backburner, could not see any keys on subdivs on the lights (i have 2).
I am using Vray 3.3, with Vray Goodies turned on.

The strange thing is that i extracted the file from Backburner Manager (the file that has been rendering for a few days, without any problems). If i submit the exact file (this file has applied Solid Rocks settings) i get super-long rendertimes. The problem seems to be that it is using pre-calculated IM-files, if i change GI to bruteforce/lc everything is ok.
It seems that using the same IM-precalc files that i have been using for the last days the problem occurs.

More
8 years 1 week ago #7994 by Andrew99
i re-renderd ~170 frames last night with both pre-pass and render, everything worked as expected.
So this morning i loaded the file submitted to Backburner and tried to recreate the problem i had.
The last frame took 20 minutes, so rendered as expected.

So i don't know what my initial problem is as it worked today. Could something changed in the scene (as i am using Xrefs).
Would the rendertime be very long if i make a prepass and then change something in the scene and try to render?

More
8 years 1 week ago #7995 by subburb
Hello, did you used the single pass render, or 2 pass render mode ? i guess the 2-pass mode.
Well, it can be VERY long to read the GI files if they're heavy.. and numerous (usually 5 files to read for one frame)

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32