Logo SR Alpha 2017

possible bug with VrayHdri map

More
11 years 2 months ago #4745 by antanas
As soon as I will "stabilize" my main system I will test that for now one of 4 8gb ram sticks died and dragged windows along so recent activation code that I got after ssd upgrade is invalid again and till I got my ram replacement (hope that will be soon) I don't want to bother you again cause that will be no less than 3 new codes till I get it going again :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #4747 by subburb
no worries.. it may happens ! Just ask me ;)

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #4792 by antanas
Hi again ! I'm happy to report - that bug is gone with SR Beta build 1.2.1 Max 2012x64 vray 2.2 and Max 2013x64 vray 2.4 too :woohoo:

Keep up the good work !
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by antanas.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #4793 by antanas
Answer for :

Thanks for feedback and explanations.

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with this process.

"Been using that bertrand-benoit.com/blog/2010/02/27/on-hdr-lighting/ method - the only way you could get crisp shadows out of hdri"

do you mean : forcing SR gamma correction to 1.0 or lower, right ?

trying to reproduce the issue at this moment.

Sorry ,I somehow missed that post .

" do you mean : forcing SR gamma correction to 1.0 or lower, right ? "

- well no , the method is quite simple and does not concern SR - you just need to use the same hdri map copied to different mat editor slots with different gamma and intensity settings on each of them . The one for environment(reflections , background and such) must have ,in most cases, it's gamma set to its original value which is 1.0 most of the times and the copy of it used for lighting (vray dome light)must have gamma set to lover values somewhere around 0.5-0.7 to get those crisp shadows out of it . Here I've done some graphical explanation of that method db.tt/cY4roLZ7 so I think that bug wasn't SR gamma or setting related - the fix for slate mat editor as you suggested fixed that too

Try that method it's quite handy to quickly get some good results out of hdri's and then complimented with that little trick www.peterguthrie.net/blog/2012/02/hdri-l...-glossy-reflections/ (thanks to PG to bring that up) it does wonders :)

Would be quite nice if some day you could implement that method in SR . Some kind of buttons and sliders that could automate that process a little bit more would be quite nice .Something like that( www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/vr-sun-tool )script does but for hdri's workflow , with let's say gamma ,intensity and rotation (one for both maps at a time) settings could be available in SR yet without time of the day settings - for obvious reasons .

Well would be nice If you could do that , but I wouldn't be disappointed if you couldn't - Solidrocks is a great tool as it is already :)
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by antanas.

More
11 years 2 months ago #4822 by subburb
hi, thanks for celar post.
I'll try to find a way to add it in simply way..

More
10 years 1 week ago #6350 by mssfilmstudio
I'm having other bug with V-ray HDRI + SR
Any time I attempt to use HDRI map as an enviroment (with or/and without lighting with dome light) I get sort of weird reflections, but not only reflections - those seem like an overexposed blurry dots / spots that come from HDRI map. Im 99% sure those come from hdri, cause when I changed the enviroment to default v-ray sky map this problem terminated immediately.

Im gonna be trying out some other HDRI maps (just in case this particular was glitchy)

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32